Monday, April 1, 2013

A little of this...a little of that....

I am tired. Still....

What a weekend this was in our house! A great, wonderful, super fun weekend....but whew....

2 birthday parties, a bachelorette weekend, a neighborhood block party, a family brunch.....the list goes on. And all within a 48 hour period. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. Just, as I said before, tired.

As I sit here with a large caffeinated beverage in hand and some blisters on my toes from my "those-heels-didn't-seem-so-high-before-I-had-kiddos" shoes, I am reminded on what a tremendous balancing act motherhood (especially young motherhood) is. Now that most of my friends have kiddos (or kiddos on the way) we are all struggling with how to keep one foot (well, at least a toe) in the young-fun-trendy scene, while still trying to soak in all-things-mama and be the super mama that Pinterest makes us feel we need to be. I was struck with a minor panic attack when I realized that yoga pants and a tank top probably weren't adequate attire of a fun night out with the ladies in Old Town Scottsdale.  I used to be somewhat trendy...not so much these days. But that's OK....my kiddos don't care. (But I will say that when one of the most fashionable/trendy/child-less ladies at the party complimented my top, my week was MADE!)

I was among the first of my girlfriends to take the plunge into parenthood and let me tell you, I still haven't mastered the balancing/juggling/circus act it requires to strike such a tenuous balance. But I suppose maybe that is why we were meant to do this whole thing when we are young(ish...). Lord knows if I tried this exact scenario again in just about 15 years, I may have sustained a more serious injury when I fell out of said-too-tall-now-heels while chasing my toddler down the stairs with a half-eaten banana before I headed out on Friday night.

But I am gonna go ahead and give myself (and all you other juggling mamas out there) at little pat on the back for taking a little bit of this and a little bit of that in your life, and making it look GOOD (well....at least believable....that is all we can ask for right). From muscling my way through a few Jell-o shots to baking fresh strawberry muffins to share in a basket (I will let you guess which weekend event corresponds with which of those achievements), I managed to look fun and domestic in one period. And I am going to call that a success in my book!

Here's to many more such weekends! Cheers (with a perfectly created, gallery-worthy Pinterest-inspired adult beverage of course)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...