Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bloomers Play and Learn




So, I hear that the new "hip/cool/trendy" think to say these days is, "I am obsessed with _________." Well, today, I am re-upping my hip/cool/trendy badge and declaring that I am totally obsessed with today's Working Girl Wednesday business! Having almost 4 years of mama hood under my belt at this point, I have been to my fair share of mommy-and-me classes. For the most part, we always have a good time at them and it is 30-60 minutes of quality time.

When I first met today's Working Girl, Holly, I just knew that she was something special. The sparkle in her eye when she talks about "edu-taining" children is priceless and the enthusiasm with which she sings her kid-friendly, silly songs in class in simply unparalleled.  (And, I might add, she is a talented vocalist as well....)

Spend five minutes with Miss Holly, and try not to crack a smile...I dare ya! It is physically impossible....she simply radiates joy and the kiddos that she is teaching along the way, simply eat it up!

Without further ado, it is my pleasure to introduce this week's Working Girl, Holly Moran!


Tell us about your business...
"I have the best job in the world.....I edu-tain kids! I've developed a one of a kind program that inspires education through play and I have the honor of sharing it with Valley moms!"
 
What did you do in your past life...before you launched your business?
"My background is mainly in theater, performance, and of course.....DANCE! Once I became a mommy I became passionate about early childhood development. Combine the two and viola - Bloomers was born :)"
 
What made you decide to take the leap into being a business owner?
"I was in charge of story times at a ‘mommy and me’ group that met at a church. The smiles on the moms' faces and the barrage of hugs from the kiddos told me I was on to something good."
 
 What has been your greatest professional success to date?
"I hold a 'kids only' version of Bloomers at a preschool/daycare and I'm honored to say that they are so happy with my program that they've asked me to help train their teaching staff. I also have recorded some of my original songs onto a CD that moms rave about :)"
 
 How about the biggest "lesson learned"?
"Anything worth doing will require both patience and persistence. Also, word of mouth referrals are priceless."
 
What is next on the horizon for your business?
"Next I imagine I'll seek out more opportunities in different preschool settings. I'd also love to get involved in some philanthropy events at local hospitals and shelters."
 
Where can we find you when you are not being Super Business Owner Woman??
"Teaching Zumba at various LA Fitness locations, at local family events around town, or volunteering in the nursery of my church."
 
 If we were to run into you at a cocktail party, what would be your "party trick"?
"I have a wicked break dancing handstand thingy I can do :)"
 
When someone asks you to tell a joke, what is your "go-to" one-liner?
"What do you get when you goose a ghost? A handful of sheet :)"
 
If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 18 year-old self?
"Life is a journey. Take each day as it comes and enjoy the ride!"

Inspired? Want to learn more about Bloomers Play and Learn? Check out their website at: http://bloomersplayplace.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...