Friday, April 26, 2013

Still not a match my dear....

If there are any of you out there that can look me in the eye and honestly tell me that you LOVE playing Memory with your pre-schooler, I will award you free baby food for life (well...maybe not really...we gotta eat too you know).

But seriously...the game is borderline torture amongst adults (because parties in our house ALWAYS include a little Memory tourney....you know you wish you could hang with us on a wild Saturday night) but factor in an indecisive pre-schooler to the mix and it kinda drives one to want to drink. For each flip of the cards my daughter makes, I could easily make a dozen. My patience starts to wear thin somewhere around the time she turns the umbrella and the birthday cake over together for the 8th time in a row....still an umbrella and a birthday cake Sweet-Pea. Still not a match....

I will say, she is supremely honest when she plays the game. No lifting the corner and peeking underneath for her...although sometimes I wish she did. And the victory dance that she does (literally) when she does finally find the mate for the umbrella card (on the 11th try....), is absolutely priceless! So priceless in fact, that I often break my "kids have to learn to lose" mentality when we play this one just so I can see her raise-the-roof while  doing some form of river dancing once again. Totally worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I know these days will pass by far too quickly and I will yearn for the days when Sweet R actually wanted to sit down and spend some quality time with me, so I try to appreciate them for all they are worth. But for the love of all that is sweet my dear, can you try to be a bit more decisive with your card flipping? Your beloved short-attention span mama would sincerely appreciate it.

Happy Weekend All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...