Monday, April 15, 2013

Look for the helpers....

On days like today, words evade me. In the relatively short time that this blog has been up and running, two such tragedies have occurred here on American soil. Two times, I have had to tear myself away from the news so as not to inundate my children with images of horror that are all too real.

Today, my heart broke silently as Sweet R says to me...."Don't look at it mama. A very bad person did a very bad thing...."

She's 3...she shouldn't have such phrasing ready in her innocent little mind. 

That said, I don't believe in sheltering my children from reality. Instead, I attempt to explain such unexplainable acts in terms that are not quite so scary. I grasp at ways to color this world in a way much brighter than I view it following events such as those that transpired today.

Today I turn to an old childhood friend of mine for his wisdom....


Well said Mr. Rogers. Well said....

Our thoughts are with everyone in the great city of Boston today and all of those whose lives will be forever changed by the horrific events of today. May you find peace in the everyday beauty of life that still surrounds you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...