Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sinfully Sweet Motherhood

Why is it that when we send our little ones to "time out" it is considered a punishment, but for so many mamas (this one included), a "time out" seems a delicious little opportunity? A time to step away from the all-consuming job of motherhood even if just for a few minutes, to reconnect with  other women, our passions, and most importantly, ourselves. Today's Working Girl, has built a business around just that, helping mamas take a well-deserved "time-out."

In 2011, Diana Brandt became a mama and her world was forever changed. She was in love with her new role, but it wasn't long before she realized that being a mama is tough work. And it is even tougher when you don't have a strong network of other women who have "been there" to help you through the tough spots. In fact, for six months, Diana struggled with feeling along. So, she stepped up and created Sinfully Sweet Motherhood, a place where women can connect with other mamas and mamas-to-be, build lasting friendships, and most importantly, never feel alone.

It is my pleasure to introduce you all to Diana....

Tell us about your business...
"Sinfully Sweet Motherhood is working hard to connect moms and moms to be to each other and to some of the best resources out there. I wanted to create a place where we could all get together with our kids and without and have some fun, relax, laugh and learn. The events (most are free) I put on are all relevant to mamas whether it's a mom's night out, a workshop by a sleep coach or nutritionist or simply a fun bash for the kids. If you're a mom or are planning to be a mom, you should check this group out!"
  
What did you do in your past life...before you launched your business?
"Everything and anything. I was searching for the right thing, the best thing, my path. I once started a baking company called Sinful Sweets (I still get asked to bake for events), does the name sound familiar. I love to be creative and I'm always seeking a challenge."
 
 What made you decide to take the leap into being a business owner?
"I can't stand being stagnant in a position and I always wanted more out of what I was doing. It was time to break off and go where there was no ceiling."
 
 What has been your greatest professional success to date?
"Each time I finish an event and I can shake off all that fear and anxiety and tell myself how silly it was to worry. That is where my success is right now because it reminds me to just keep moving forward and stop doubting myself."
 
 How about the biggest "lesson learned"?
"I am constantly learning with this job because I had only done food events and certain aspects, not every aspect. Each event is a learning experience and I'm becoming more confident with each one."
 
 What is next on the horizon for your business?
"We have some fun events coming up, a mommy mixer at Whole Foods, some free yoga classes with Blissful Yoga and an informational event on getting your kids to eat healthy and be happy. We are also working on an event in March with a sleep coach because everyone could use more info on helping your kids sleep better. I know I could!"
 
 Where can we find you when you are not being Super Business Owner Woman??
"At home, park, mall, play date with child. If I'm without child you can find me kickboxing, drinking coffee with a friend or laid out on the couch watching Scandal, Fringe, New Girl...etc."
 
If we were to run into you at a cocktail party, what would be your "party trick"?
"Um, I could play a mean game of air hockey, wait that probably wouldn't be at a cocktail party. I can shake my eyeballs...creepy :)"
 
 When someone asks you to tell a joke, what is your "go-to" one-liner?
"Two peanuts walk into a bar. One was a salted."
 
If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 18 year-old self?
"I was having too much fun to listen to anything!!"



Inspired? Want to learn more about Sinfully Sweet Motherhood
Check out their website at www.sinfullysweetmotherhood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...