Friday, January 4, 2013

Privacy...can you remind me what that is again?

A few days back, I posted a picture on my Facebook page that seemed to strike a chord with quite a few of our followers....

Are you ready? Here it is:





Sure, I thought it was cute and funny and kinda true....until earlier today, when I swear to you all, this EXACT scene happened here in my home sweet home. My daughter R, has never been one riddled with sadness when I leave the room....never. I mean, she was the kiddo that when I left her with the nanny at 4 months old for the very first time, I swear she threw me a smile and a peace sign as I slunk out the door in tears.

My little man B, however....not so much. I have been home with the kiddos for the most part since he made his grand entrance, so he has not been trained to much to be away from me. Sadly, now that he can walk, this means that he will literally attach himself to my leg and hold on for dear life when I attempt to leave the room. So, I do what I gotta do when it comes time to, eh hem....use the facilities. I wait until he is staring in awe at something crazy his sister is doing, and I RUN! In fact, I have perfected the run and silent door close move....it really is quite impressive.

Well, today, I must have been off my game, because the door latch made a sound....dang it. I listened as B stood up clumsily...he is still new to standing up OK? Sometimes it take a few tries.... And I heard his tiny flame patterned sneakers make their way closer to the bathroom door.

Being a new mom, I can complete my bathroom duties in record time and generally, the little creatures don't even know I was gone. Not today.....that little hand came creeping under the door (exactly as in the picture above) and I heard a pensive, but very accusatory,  "Mama?". B had found me..and he was less than thrilled. And apparently, my leaving the room for approximately 11.2 seconds meant that I had completely rejected the little dude. The look he gave me when I opened that door....oh man. I mean, I give people that same look in traffic all the time, but not when someone leaves to use the bathroom. Geez little man....why you gotta hate?

So there it is friends....they say that art (that picture qualifies as "art" right?) imitates life...or something like that.  To that I say: Truth....truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...