Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bean and Sprout Photography Studios

Since becoming a mother 3 1/2 years ago, there are certain things that I have come to define as priceless....long hot showers, some good quality reality television "tune out" time each week, kissing my babies goodnight as they sleep peacefully, and family portraits.

I had a wonderful childhood with many great memories, but the one regret I have, is that I do not really have many photos that capture our whole family together in the same moment in time. Life passes us by far too quickly and before you know it, memories can fade. Since the birth of sweet R, I have been fanatical about getting family portraits done on a regular basis. And I can tell you, each and every time I get those finished photos back, I am brought to tears by their beauty. The emotions, the expressions, the moments, and love captured forever in those in those pictures is the definition of "priceless" in my mind.

Our family has worked with several different photographers over the years, each one an artist. Each one putting a new perspective on our family photos. When little man B was born, I  had the pleasure of meeting Kati of Bean and Sprout Photography Studios. Anyone who has had a baby, knows that in those initial weeks post-partum, it can be tough to feel truly "pretty" in the ready for a photo-shoot sense. And quite frankly, getting a whole family in camera level appearance, can be pretty darn stressful. From the instant Kati stepped into my "I-just-had-a-baby-please-don't-judge-the-mess" home, I knew we were in for a special session. She put us instantly at ease with her kind, friendly  approach and the resulting images were works of art.

In the months following, I got to know Kati on a personal level and she became a true friend. Beyond that, she is truly an inspiration as a mama entrepreneur. Not only is she running a wildly successful photography business, but she is in the process of launching a tech start-up as well. All while being a loving wife and AMAZING mama to her two adorable little men.

I could go on and on....but let's have you all meet Kati for yourselves!

Tell us about your business:
"I own a photography business and have also founded a tech start-up."


What did you do in your past life...before you launched your business?
"I worked for a children's retail company as the inventory manager and systems administrator."

What made you decide to take the leap into being a business owner?
"When the economy tanked my company significantly reduced my hours. I was forced to come up with a way to support our family since my husband was in law school. I have always loved photography and often was told I should start my own business. After a lot of practice and learning, I launched BSP Studios and never looked back. Once I realized how nice it is to work for yourself, ideas began spinning of other businesses to start. I love the process and came up with an idea that I am hoping will have great success. It has been a long exhausting adventure, but I am really enjoying creating a new business and getting it off the ground."
 
What has been your greatest professional success to date?
"I was published on the cover and inside of NW Kids Magazine last spring!"
 
How about the biggest "lesson learned"?
"WOW...SO many lessons. I would say that I am still learning non-stop. Trying to find balance with my family and still be successful is a constant struggle. I also have learned that you can't please everyone, but you just keep doing the best you can."
 
What is next on the horizon for your business?
"The launch of my new business in 2013...hopefully :)!!!! It is a big project and we have a lot of work ahead, but it will be very exciting to see it up and running!"
 
Where can we find you when you are not being Super Business Owner Woman??
"At home with my kiddos or grabbing a bite with friends. I am an extreme extrovert so I really gain energy from being around people. I also like to read, workout, and catch a movie when I can."

When someone asks you to tell a joke, what is your "go-to" one-liner?
"My hubby is the funny one...I would probably tell the latest 4 year old joke, which I can't even remember at the moment :)."


 
If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 18 year-old self?
"Believe in yourself and it will all work out! Life is full of ups and downs, but just try to enjoy the ride."

Inspired? Want to learn more about BSP Studios? Check out their website at www.beanandsproutphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...