Friday, March 15, 2013

It's a MOTY kinda day....

Well, today I believe I have made it official....I am  the MOTY (that's Mom Of The Year for those of you who are into titles....)!!! I would like to thank my family, my friends, and kind person at the intersection in downtown Phoenix for helping me reach for the stars!

Wait...back up....rewind.

Little Dude B is now 19 months old...he was FAR more important things to do than eat a meal. And because those things are so important, he must RUN top speed while he does them. Totally a common toddler phase and I am not nearly as stressed out about it now as I was when Sweet R went through this phase about 2 years ago. The difference, Sweet R got enough of my DNA mixed up into her genetic pool that she has a... ahem....bum. Little Dude on the other hand must have passed on that sip of the DNA cup as it was passed around, because this child has absolutely no, zero, zilch....booty. And thus, I cannot keep his tiny little pants up to SAVE MY LIFE!! Aside from basketball shorts, with really tight, brand-new, elastic,  just about anything else is a lost cause.

The shining moment that won my the title this morning? Walking across a VERY busy intersection in downtown Phoenix with the both of them, and at the midway point hearing Sweet R say "Mama, Brooks has no pants on..." I glance down and there he was. One tiny hand holding mine and the other holding Sweet R's wearing a t-shirt, socks, sneakers, and a diaper...his size 12 month cargo shorts at his feet. The look on his face clearly saying, "Seriously mama? Seriously?"

By the time I processed what had happened, the blinking hand on the other side of the intersection was shouting at me and I clumsily scooped up my diaper clad little man (and his shorts) and his concerned sister and managed to get out of the middle of the street with a shred of my dignity (OK, maybe HIS dignity) still in tact.

Poor kid. He spent the rest of our downtown excursion holding onto his shorts with one hand. Except when he forgot.....and they fell down again....3 more times. Once in the middle of the County Recorder's Office. Awesome.

I'm telling you, it is going to be tough to take this Mom Of The Year sash away from me anytime soon. The good news? All those 18 month shorts I bought in anticipation of this summer, may still make it to see NEXT summer. They may be 1980's style short by then, but at least they will stay up on his lack-of hips.

In the meantime....anyone know where I can buy toddler belts? No seriously...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...