Monday, December 10, 2012

Tis the season....for sick kiddos.....

Let me give a "shout out" to winter cold/stomach bug/flu season...."Boo Hiss.....you suck winter cold/stomach bug/flu season." You really, truly do. To the Nth degree....with a cherry on top.

There really is nothing sadder than a sick baby...

I am not one to typically air my grievances on Facebook or social media, but seeing as how about every other post I see from my mama friends right now is about sick kiddos, I feel I am in good company to vent....just a little.  Just today did we dip below 70 degree here in the Valley of the Sun, and  yes, we broke out the Uggs and ugly Christmas sweaters. No, winter is not even officially here, but someone forgot to tell that to my cute little germ-laden minis. I mean seriously, since Thanksgiving, we have had no less than about 34 different types of sick bugs floating around the casa. I will spare you any graphic details, but let's just be clear that we have had no shortage of paper products gone through and infinite loads of laundry done. I'm kinda over it. No, I take that back....I am REALLY over it.

When it comes to medical drama, I am pretty much drama free. I am proud to say that in the 3.5 years that I have been a mama, we have only been to the ped 2 times for anything other than a well-baby check. This past week was one of those times....and I got the answer I expected. "Tis the season...just gonna have to ride it out."  Reassuring,  yes. Completely frustrating, hell yes. But all you can do is buckle in and take it one day, and one bottle of Gatorade, at a time.

As I sit here with all of my fingers and toes crossed...and knocking on wood at the same time....I can say that I am hoping the worst is behind us. For this round anyway.

So, rather than sit here and complain some more, let's offer up some advice shall we? Medically proven...although I am not an MD so take it for what its worth (I was a physiology major in school...that's gotta count for something right?):

Wash your hands
Get your flu shots (all around!)
Don't send your kiddo to school sick
Trust your mama instincts - you know more than you think
Love on those little germ monsters even more than usual
Wash your hands again (especially after doing the above)

Cheers to cold and flu season!! May it pass quickly without invading your home the way it has ours...Now, you must excuse me...I must return to bleaching every surface in my house!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...