Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Working Girl Wednesday

That's right my dear friends....on Wednesdays, we are going to be featuring working girls!!! No, not THAT kind of working girl you crazy mamas....although that could be fun too.....and technically not out of the realm of what I am talking about. I mean, they do run their own business. They do set their own hours. They are responsible for marketing themselves..... Hmmm......

OK, while I suppose we could have a few of the proverbial "working girls" in these features, what I am actually talking about are women who have taken the same flying leap that I have off the edge of  job security and jumped right onto the crazy-train otherwise known as being an entrepreneur. Regardless of what letters ended up in your chromosomal gender code, taking the steps to becoming a business owner is like learning to walk all over again.

Most of us think about taking those first steps for a VERY long time. We watch the people around us and think how cool it would be to do the same thing. To be able to play with the "big kids." Then, we cruise along the comfortable edge of blog-stalking potential competitors while watching some quality reality TV, doodle business plans on baby wipes, and maybe even create some social media contacts during nap time to test the waters a bit (imagine your adorable little rug rats holding onto the side of the couch while gingerly letting go with one hand to grab a toy....yeah, it's kinda like that.)

So this is where I kinda lose my learning to walk analogy.....damn, I was doing so well with that......oh well, bear with me here.....

While the vast majority of babies get up the courage to let go and "launch" at some point, there are not so many dreamers who make the choice to let go and "launch" their daydream into reality. It is a scary, scary thing.....trust me!

But some do it....and they do it beautifully!!!

I was a late walker (like almost 16 months...I still trip a whole lot....) and as it turns out, it took me just about as long to "launch" At First Bite....and I am still tripping a little every day. All that aside, I certainly never would have done it without being inspired by the "big kids." And in this little corner of my blog, I want to impart their wisdom and inspiration on you all. And maybe just drum up a little well-deserved business for their endeavors as well....

So, let the tales of some amazingly successful women entrepreneurs begin....next Wednesday.

Until then, I have some gluttonous food to create....gobble, gobble friends!

***Know a chica who runs her own small business?? Yes, it can be YOU!!! Want to be featured here on the At First Bite blog???  Let's talk!! Send me an email at: jessie@atfirstbitebaby.com***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...