Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Felicity Birth Services

Since starting my journey with this business/blog, I have had the opportunity to learn about so many fascinating aspects of the pregnancy/childbirth/newborn world. In the past, my frame of reference in this arena was pretty narrow....I admit it. In reality, there are so many options out there for mothers and mothers-to-be and it really is about exploring all of the options out there and choosing what makes sense for YOU. No right...no wrong....no judgement from others about what is best.

Today, it is my pleasure to introduce you all to another Working Girl who is bringing the beauty of childbirth options to local mamas here in the Phoenix area. Her passion for what she does is evident and the mamas who she has accompanied through the journey of childbirth are so very fortunate to have the chance to have her in their life....

Without further ado, I welcome Cheyanne of Felicity Birth Services.....




Tell us about your business...
"I am a licensed home birth midwife in Phoenix Arizona. I offer complete prenatal, birth and postpartum care with a holistic and individualized approach. I can perform or order any tests desired and understand basic newborn care as well."  

What did you do in your past life...before you launched your business?
"I have loved horses ever since I was a little girl and as young women I owned horses and rode them all the time. I am the oldest of 9 children and I spent a lot of time with my family. We camped, adventured and enjoyed the great outdoors. I married my wonderful husband." 
 
What made you decide to take the leap into being a business owner?
"Though there are some midwives who are in a partnership, many have a solo practice so that is what I anticipated when I began my apprenticeship. Owning my own business and working for myself is a part of being a midwife and part of the reason I wanted to become a home birth midwife."

What has been your greatest professional success to date?
"Well, I would say being a mother but, other than lots of side jobs, this is my first professional success. :)"
How about the biggest "lesson learned"?
"My biggest lesson learned is how much I need and value the support of those who love me as well as those who have gone before me in this profession. Midwifery is a calling not just a job."

 What is next on the horizon for your business?
"Owning a home where I can have a home office! I can't wait to walk next door for 'work' and then walk back 'home' to take care of my family."

Where can we find you when you are not being Super Business Owner Woman??
"Spending time with my husband and two little girls. We travel, hike, swim, garden, take care of our little urban farm, cook, bake, work-out, read. Ok, lots of things!"

 If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 18 year-old self?
"Listen more, talk less"

Inspired? Want to learn more?
Visit Felicity Birth Services at:



3 comments:

  1. One of my client's is a midwife, I absolutely love what you guys do. My own birth wishes were silenced by what my family wanted me to do. I so wish I had put my foot down and had the experience I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to help women have the birthing experiences they want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool post, I like how you were really able to define what you do and it's obvious you love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...