Monday, June 24, 2013

Riding the wave of a Pinterest high

It is summer in Phoenix....it is hot. Way too hot to do much outside between the hours of 9am and 6pm....unless of course, it involves copious amounts of water. Coincidentally, summer in Phoenix also means that it is a full house here during the day. Preschool is out for the break which means I have an over-eager four year old nipping at my heels all day just waiting for the next scheduled "activity time." Indoors of course....

Enter this mamas current BFF....."Pinterest." I know most of you are probably already on it, but if not, seriously?!!? Jump on that wagon today...like now....go.....now....

I will admit openly, that I am a bit overambitious in my Pinterest life. I have multiple-thousands of "pins" ready and waiting for me to tackle them. And I am willing to make a pretty steep wager that I will complete approximately 0.0047% of them by the time Pinterest is a thing of the past. But, on days like today, I am feeling quite accomplished in my pretend Martha Stewart/Bobby Flay/Mary Poppins inspire life.

Behold.....the melted bead sun catcher.

Take some dollar store plastic beads, pop em in some muffin tins (or any size non-stick pan really) in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes and let them cool. Turn said pan over and Wha La.....a melted bead sun catcher! Obviously I used some fishing wire and an old dowel to turn mine into a little mobile, but you could do whatever. Sweet R insisted that if we hung hers in her room, it would help her "dream better" at nap time (hence the weird, kid-in-a-bed photo above). I claim no credibility on that part....by the sounds of the tiny feet running in circles above me, I think it is pretty safe to say, there is no magical dreaming power to be had here. Maybe if I had sprung for the beads at the craft store instead, it would be a different story eh?

Anywho, a Pinterest success is a major achievement and sadly, these days, that equals a little, mini, mama-high for me. I will ride it out all day long....or at lease the rest of nap time.

Thank you all for indulging me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...