Friday, August 16, 2013

Tales from the crib....

So for some reason, Little Dude B has been particularly "talkative" during his regular nap-time this week. Typically, he still takes a 2-3 hour nap each afternoon...which is FAB! This week however, he has been perfectly content to lie in his self-crafted nest and converse with...???....his toys? the wall? the closet door? Or perhaps, he has come to the conclusion that mama needs some entertainment during her hour "off" via some good ole' fashioned baby monitor fun.

Without further ado....I share with you, Tales from the Crib (a.k.a. crazy stuff I heard my two year old gabbing about this week while he was supposed to be sleeping).  I promise you, I am totally legit with all of these....couldn't make them up....I'm not that creative

1) A full out medley of Taylor Swift's greatest hits (I know....I know....). His best renditions? "Never Getting Back Together" and "Trouble". Clear as a bell on the ol' Graco monitor.

2) "Well hellooooo Diney! Helloooo Diney....." Imagine it to the tune of Hello Dollie. Yep. That went on for about 20 minutes. (Oh, and Diney is his stuffed dinosaur....again, not that creative around here...)

3) "MINE! No! MINE! My night-night!!!" Not gonna lie, this one concerned me a bit. Because either there is a mystery intruder in his room that is fighting him for his miniature quilt, or he has a split personality. I verified that there was no one in his room....hmmmm....maybe that 529 plan would be better set aside for future therapy bills.

4) "Yaaaaay! I'm pooping! Yaaaaaay!!!" Super excited to change that post-nap dipe.

5)  "I'm DONE! I'm DONE! I'm DONE!" Yeah....rethinking that whole letting him watch "Dance Moms" with me thing. Hey, don't judge.....

And now, exactly 2 minute before I am supposed to get him up for the afternoon, there is pure, serene silence. Of course there is Murphy, of course there is.

Happy Friday All!!

3 comments:

  1. Too funny, enjoy these moments... they go so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! How funny! My little one talks and talks and talks when she should be sleeping, but she can't speak actual words yet. I always wonder who she is talking to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is funnier than real life conversations of a 2 year old! I love how he argued with likely his favorite diney about whose bedtime it really was :D

    ReplyDelete

Let us know your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...